Baldwin County Master Gardeners is an organization of trained and certified volunteers who share our love and knowledge of gardening with our communities, while assisting the Alabama Cooperative Extension System in Outreach Education activities.Our mission is to inform, support and educate the gardening public.
Some of our activities include:
- public education workshops
- speaking to local groups and clubs
- community garden and landscaping projects
- operating a toll-free gardening helpline (1-877-252-4769)
- promoting the use of native plants in our landscapes
- working with schools and youth gardening programs.
Each of our approximately 180 members has received 50 hours of classroom instruction specific to horticulture in SW Alabama, receives at least 10 hours of additional education each year and volunteers a minimum of 25 hours annually.
Baldwin County Master Gardeners Inc. is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization. Proceeds from our annual plant sale and other fund-raising activities are used to support our community outreach activities and our horticulture scholarship program.